Expert Freezer Repair Services in the Nashville Metro Area
Robs Appliance Plus can assist you whether you need freezer maintenance, freezer repair, or a brand-new freezer. We are the fastest, most straightforward, and most reliable local option for freezer repair, service, and maintenance. We’ll put you in touch with the greatest upright freezer and chest freezer repair service specialists in the industry, whether you require freezer door repair, freezer gasket repair, freezer ice maker repair, freezer compressor repair, or if your freezer is broken and isn’t cold enough.
Our technicians, who are highly skilled, licensed, vetted, and nearby, are guaranteed to assist you with all of your freezer needs. Regardless of your appliance issue, we have numerous nearby technicians who are constantly “near me” and ready to assist you.
Did you know Robs Appliance Plus also fixes other types of major appliances, including ovens, washers, dishwashers, microwaves, and refrigerators to name a few.
Common Freezer Problems
Here are some of the most common freezer problems that you might encounter.
- Temperature Fluctuations: One of the most common freezer issues is temperature fluctuations. If you notice that the temperature inside your fridge freezer is not consistent, it may lead to thawing and refreezing of food, resulting in spoilage. A malfunctioning thermostat, a faulty defrost timer, dirty condenser, failed condenser fan, failed evaporator fan, clogged drain, or an inadequate seal on the freezer door can cause this problem.
- Frost Build-up:Excessive frost build-up inside the freezer can restrict airflow in the evaporator and reduce efficiency. This issue is often caused by a malfunctioning defrost system, such as a faulty defrost heater or thermostat. It can also be caused by leaving the freezer door open for extended periods or placing warm food inside the freezer. The most common cause may surprise you, a clogged drain. This allows water that should have drained to be sucked up into the evaporator.
- Freezer Not Cooling:If your freezer is not cooling properly, it could be due to several reasons. A common cause is a malfunctioning compressor, responsible for circulating refrigerant and maintaining the desired temperature. Other possible causes include a faulty condenser or evaporator fan, a clogged condenser coil or drain, or a refrigerant leak. A faulty thermostat, electronic control, or temperature sensor can also be the cause.
- Noisy Operation: Unusual noise coming from the freezer can indicate a problem. A noisy compressor, rattling fan blades, or a malfunctioning motor can disrupt the normal operation of the freezer. These issues can arise due to wear and tear, loose components, inadequate maintenance, or ice growing into the evaporator fan..
- Door Seal Problems: The door seal, also known as the gasket, is crucial for maintaining an airtight seal and preventing warm air from entering the freezer. Over time, the seal may become worn, torn, or dirty, resulting in a loss of cooling efficiency due to frost buildup. Promptly replace a damaged door seal to ensure optimal freezer performance.
If you encounter these problems, it is advisable to consult someone with experience like you’ll find at Robs Appliance Plus.
Freezer Brands We Repair
We provide repair services for a wide range of freezer brands. Here are some popular freezer brands that we repair:
- Sub Zero
- Blue Star
- And many more.
Finding Reliable Freezer Repair Services
You can take a few steps to make sure you select the best service provider while looking for trustworthy freezer repair services.
- Seek recommendations: If anyone you know has any experience with freezer repair and any appliance repair services, start by asking them. Personal referrals are helpful since they come from someone you can trust. Robs Appliance Plus gets many referrals from past customers since we always do our best to treat our customers right.
- Search online: Conduct an online search for freezer repair services in your area. Read customer reviews and ratings on popular websites like Google or Yelp. Look for companies with consistently positive feedback and high ratings. Take the time to actually read the review. It will tell you much more than just looking at how many stars they have.
- Ask the business about parts and availability: Inquire about the availability of replacement parts for your specific freezer model. A reliable repair service should have access to genuine parts or reliable alternatives. You should also ask about the part warranty. Robs Appliance Plus offers a full one year warranty on most parts we install.
- Promptness and reliability: Consider the repair service’s response time and reliability. Do they offer emergency services? How quickly can they schedule an appointment? A professional repair service should communicate promptly and strive to accommodate your needs. Robs Appliance Plus will show up on time and communicate with you every step of the way. We also do our best to pre-diagnose and pre-order parts, so the first trip is the only trip.
By following these steps, you can increase the likelihood of finding a reliable freezer repair service that will efficiently fix and repair your appliance and provide you with a more than satisfactory customer experience.
Troubleshooting Freezer Problems
Troubleshooting freezer problems can be a daunting task. Dealing with a malfunctioning freezer can be a real headache. More often than not, you need a good understanding of refrigeration theory and how all the parts work with each other. It may not be rocket science, but if you don’t have the basic knowledge, it can seem overwhelming. Most of the time, you’ll need to contact a professional with experience. That’s what Robs Appliance Plus is here for.
There are a few simple troubleshooting steps the average homeowner can follow:
Firstly, it’s essential to check the power supply. Sometimes, a simple unplugged cord or a tripped circuit breaker can be the culprit behind a freezer that refuses to cool. You can take a moment to ensure the freezer is properly connected to a functioning power outlet. It may be time to examine the freezer’s internal components and make sure the fan is working. Check if the condenser coil is clogged or if you see ice or frost anywhere inside as this can prevent proper cooling.
Remember, if the problem persists or you need clarification on further troubleshooting, it’s always a good idea to contact a professional repair company such as Robs Appliance Plus.
Why Choose Us?
When choosing an appliance repair service for your Freezer repair needs, Robs Appliance Plus stands above the competition for several reasons.
- Experience and Expertise: With over 12 years of residential and 5 years of commercial experience in the appliance repair industry, Robs Appliance Plus has established an excellent reputation. Our team of skilled technicians have extensive knowledge and expertise in freezer repairs, ensuring that your home appliance will be handled with the utmost care and precision.
- Prompt and Reliable Service: We understand the inconvenience of a malfunctioning freezer, so we prioritize quick response times. In light of this, when you choose Robs Appliance Plus, you can expect punctuality and reliability. We strive to schedule appointments at your convenience and work efficiently to diagnose and resolve the issue promptly. Our first goal is to pre-diagnose and pre-order parts so the first trip can be the only trip and keep our customers from having to wait for us to come back with parts.
- Quality Repairs: Our commitment to quality is unmatched. We utilize advanced diagnostic tools and follow industry best practices to identify the root cause of the problem accurately. Our technicians have the necessary skills and genuine replacement parts to deliver long-lasting repairs, restoring your freezer to optimal functionality. Robs Appliance Plus offers a new standard of a full 1 year warranty on diagnosis and labor.
- Competitive Pricing: At Robs Appliance Plus, we believe in fair and transparent pricing. We offer competitive rates for our freezer repair services without compromising on quality. Our pricing strategy ensures that you get a very close, if not exact repair cost estimate before we begin, so there are no surprises. We include labor in our service call that is enough to cover most diagnostics and repairs. We refuse to lure you in with a small service call and then surprise you with a huge labor charge.
Regarding freezer repairs, Robs Appliance Plus is the name you can trust. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and experience the quality service that sets us apart. Please take the time to read our Google reviews. Our past customers are really the best way for you to learn about how hard we try and how happy our customers are. Don’t just take our word for it.
Here are some frequently asked questions.
Why is my freezer not making ice?
A malfunctioning water inlet valve, ice maker assembly, or clogged water filter can prevent your fridge or freezer from making ice. Also, sometimes the ice maker not working is just a symptom of the temperature not being cold enough. Check these components or consult Robs Appliance Plus if needed. In this way, you can ensure that your appliances are appropriately handled.
How much does freezer repair usually cost?
The freezer repair cost varies depending on the issue, the make and model of the freezer, and the technician’s rates. It’s best to get a quote from a professional after diagnosing the problem. Simple repairs can just be a service call while others can be a 3 hour job and costly parts. Trust Robs Appliance Plus to give you your best options, even if it means we don’t get the repair job and recommend you replace the appliance. Money, while important, is not our main goal. Treating our customers like family ensures more business in the future.
Why is my freezer producing excessive frost or ice build-up?
Excessive frost or ice from your refrigerator freezer can be caused by a malfunctioning defrost system, a bad door seal, or even a clogged drain. A technician from Robs Appliance Plus can diagnose and repair the specific issue.
Can I repair a broken freezer door seal myself?
It is possible to replace a faulty door seal yourself by purchasing a compatible replacement and following the manufacturer’s instructions. However, if you need more clarification or are uncomfortable with the process, you should seek help. Contact us at Robs Appliance Plus for all your appliance repair needs.
My freezer is running continuously. Is this normal?
Freezers should not run continuously. If your freezer is doing so, it could indicate a problem with the thermostat, the control board, a failed evaporator fan, or even a refrigerant leak. Contact a professional technician at Robs Appliance Plus to diagnose and solve the issue.
Is repairing an old freezer worth it, or should I replace it and buy a new one?
It depends on the extent of the problem, the age of the freezer, and the cost of repairs. Generally, if the repair cost exceeds 50% of the price of a new freezer, it’s often more economical to invest in a replacement. If it’s a fairly old refrigerator, Robs Appliance Plus normally recommends not putting too much money into a repair and we are happy to discuss alternatives and even recommend a place with the best prices.
Why is my freezer leaking water?
The most common reasons for a leaking freezer are a clogged drain or a faulty water supply. Clear the drain or check the water line for any leaks. If you have problems figuring out where the water is coming from, call the pros at Robs Appliance Plus to quickly diagnose and repair the problem.
Is there any home appliance repair that you do aside from freezer repair?
Abosolutrely! Aside from freezer repair, we also do everything from dishwasher repair, refrigerator repair, dryer repair, washer repair, cooktop, and oven repair. Just schedule a service call, and we will help you with all your kitchen and laundry home appliance repair needs.
My freezer is not freezing food properly. What could be the problem?
Insufficient cooling from the fridge freezer can be caused by a failed or failing thermostat, electronic control, temperature sensor, a defective compressor, a refrigerant leak, blocked air vents, a failed evaporator or condenser fan motor, or even a clogged drain. Our professional technician from Robs Appliance Plus can diagnose the issue and recommend the appropriate advice and repair solutions to fix and finish the job. Often, with information gathered from the customer, we have a pretty good idea before even arriving, and bring the most likely part with us to make it a “first call complete”.
Get Expert Assistance From Robs Appliance Repair
If you need help with your washers, dryers, dishwashers, ovens, freezers, and other appliances and are looking for reliable appliance repair services around the Nashville area, look no further than Robs Appliance Plus. We are here for you. With our team of highly skilled technicians and years of experience in the industry, we are here to provide our customers with expert assistance for all their appliance repair needs. With our full one year warranty on diagnostics, labor, and most parts plus our 95% first call complete record, you will be amazed there is at least one company out there that treats you as well as you should be.
If you have any questions or want to know more information, please contact us at (615) 766-4485.
If you need to talk to someone about a more complex issue, let us know and we will have a technician or the owner Rob call you back between appointments.