Expert Washer & Dryer Repair Service
Robs Appliance Plus will assist you in whether you need washer or dryer repair or installation service.We are your best choice for local washer and dryer repair and installation. You can rely on the pros at Robs Appliance Plus to provide the finest washer and dryer service professionals, whether the washer or dryer won’t start, leaks, or doesn’t heat, our locally-based, qualified, and certified technicians know how to get your washer and dryer working properly again.
Common Causes Of Washer And Dryer Problems
Washers and dryers are everything for people in the United States, but like any other machine, they can experience problems from time to time.
Some of the most common causes of washer and dryer problems can include the following:
- Not washing or drying well: Often, on high-efficiency machines, overloading is a problem. Putting too many items in the washer, especially a high-efficiency washer, can cause the clothes to not get washed at all. If the clothes can’t tumble in a high-efficiency machine, the soap can’t work correctly. If the load is too big in an agitator model, the agitator can’t move the clothes around and, again, it can’t work correctly. Both types of machines will have balancing issues and the machine may just stop in the middle of a cycle because it can’t balance itself. Overloading a dryer doesn’t allow enough air to penetrate the clothes on all sides. This decreased air flow will cause the element to heat too quickly and be shut off by the thermostat over and over. this not only wears out the thermostat, it takes forever to dry your clothes. Additionally, the blower motor won’t be able to push all the lint completely out of the house.
- Water level issues: The water inlet valves control hot and cold water flow into the machine in washers. If any of them malfunction, you might experience leaks, slow fill times or no water at all entering the washer. Most models today use a pressure sensor to detect water levels. If you use too much soap, those suds can get into the sensors tube and create pressure abnormalities that the sensor will eventually give up on and stop the washer. If you run an empty cycle and you see suds during agitation, you’re using too much soap.
- Drainage Problems:Clogged or improperly installed drain hoses can prevent the water from draining out of the washing machine effectively. Drain pumps can fail or get change, or small pieces of clothing stuck in them. Even that pressure sensor can stop your machine if it can’t detect the correct water level when trying to drain.
- Drying problems: Aside from a no heat issue which is usually an element, thermostat, or fuse, if you are getting heat, but clothes are not dry at the end of the cycle using any mode other than “timed”, you may have dirty humidity sensors. Using fabric softener and dryer sheets deposits a light waxy film on your clothes covering the tips of the fabric strands, making you think your clothes are soft. That same waxy film gets deposited on the humidity sensors and reduces or eliminates the ability to detect moisture in the clothes, and then shuts off the dryer prematurely. You can clean the sensors with rubbing alcohol, switch to a timed dry, or stop using fabric softener and dryer sheets.
- The dryer won’t start: This can often be a broken drive belt, or on the simpler models, the start button. There is a drive belt safety switch that activates when a belt breaks on most models. It keeps the dryer from turning on the heating element if the drum cannot turn. A failed door switch can also keep your dryer from starting. There are, of course, other reasons a dryer won’t start, but these are the most common.
Proper usage can prevent some of these issues. But if you encounter problems beyond your ability to troubleshoot, it’s best to consult the pros at Robs Appliance Plus for help and assistance. Schedule service now or service call us at (615) 766-4485.
Appliance Brands We Repair
We repair a wide range of washing machine brands, including but not limited to:
- And many more.
Finding Reliable Washer & Dryer Repair Services
Look no further than the pros at Robs Appliance Plus. We have over 12 years of experience in the residential appliance industry. Our experience helps us to very often, pre-diagnose and then pre-order the most likely part(s) so we can often show up and fix your appliance on the first visit.
Why Choose Us?
Why Choose Robs Appliance Plus for Washer & Dryer Repair? Here are a few of the reasons why:
- Expertise and Experience:At Robs Appliance Plus, we have a team of highly skilled technicians who specialize in washer and dryer repair. With over 12 years of experience in the industry, they have encountered and successfully resolved multitudes of appliance issues. Our pros have training about the most current advances in the industry, ensuring that they can give the correct diagnosis, and effectively repair or install your appliance. If you need help with your washer or dryer, our experts are here to assist you efficiently.
- Reliable and Prompt Service: We understand that a malfunctioning washer or dryer can disrupt your daily routine and cause inconvenience. That’s why we prioritize prompt service and aim to resolve your appliance issues quickly. Everything we do is geared towards a “first call complete” so you don’t have to disrupt your schedule for a second time for a second trip. We are able to do this 95% of the time if we can get enough information from you about your problem. Our technicians will text you their ETA and arrive at your doorstep within your appointment window, hopefully with the correct part, and repair your appliance that day.
- Quality Repairs: Our commitment to delivering top-notch repairs is unwavering. We take pride in our meticulous approach to each appliance repair job. Whether it’s a minor fix or a complex issue, we strive for excellence in every repair problem we undertake. We aim to restore your washer or dryer to optimal functioning, prolonging its lifespan and saving you from unnecessary expenses. Our owner imposes and offers a full one-year warranty on diagnostics and labor to incentivise doing the job right the first time. Nobody wants a return call under warranty, right?
- Transparent Pricing: We believe in providing fair and transparent pricing for our valued customers. We include basic labor charges in our service call, so you have a better idea ahead of time what your charges will be. If we think there might be more labor than what’s included in the service charge, we will do our best, (based on the information, we have}, to give you our best guess before even coming out. Before any appliance repair begins, we provide a comprehensive estimate outlining the cost of parts, tax, shipping, and labor. You can trust that there won’t be any hidden charges or surprises when you choose Robs Appliance Plus for your washer and dryer repair needs. We truly treat our customers like we’d treat our family. We rely on our past customers calling us back for other repairs and referring us to neighbors, friends, and family. If we don’t treat them right, that doesn’t happen.
- Veteran Owned and Operated: Our owner, Rob was an aircraft mechanic in the Marine Corps. He was the supervisor and collateral duty inspector of the Airframes, Pneumatics, and Hydraulics shop working on the Harrier Jump Jet, and runs his business the same as he ran his shop. With integrity and military precision. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things. Being prepared, doing the job right the first time, and treating our customers like family is the right way!
Robs Appliance Plus is the name you can rely on regarding washer and dryer repair. Contact us today, and let us restore the functionality of your appliances efficiently and effectively.
Here are some frequently asked questions.
Should I repair or replace my malfunctioning washer or dryer?
It depends on factors like age, repair cost, and overall condition. If the repair cost starts adding up close to the cost of a new appliance, maybe replacement is a better option. If it’s fairly old, and needing repairs, chances are that more repairs will be needed in a short time. Maybe replacing is your best option.
How much does washer or dryer repair typically cost?
Repair costs can vary widely depending on the specific problem. The average range is between $200 and $300, including any necessary parts. If it’s a motor, transmission, gear case, or tub, the price can easily exceed the cost of a new appliance.
How long does washer or dryer repair usually take?
The repair duration can vary based on the issue and availability of parts. Repairs are usually completed within an hour to a few hours if the parts are on hand.
Can a washer or dryer be repaired if not under warranty?
Yes, we can repair appliances regardless of their warranty status. You can hire us as your repair technician and appliance repair company for this matter. We do work with a few third party warranty companies, but we do not do manufacturer warranty work. If you’re interested why, just ask. It’s a long answer.
Can a repair technician provide an estimate before starting the repair?
Usually. Our repair technicians can provide a cost estimate after diagnosing the problem. Sometimes we may need to replace something like a control board before other issues pop up. It doesn’t happen often, but if it’s a possibility, we will let you know and go over your options. Requesting an estimate and inquiring about any additional charges before proceeding with the repair is always advisable.
Do you fix other appliances besides the washer and dryer?
Yes, we offer appliance repair and installation services for all kitchen and laundry appliances.
Get Expert Help From Robs Appliance Plus
If you need help with your washers and dryers, (or other appliances), and are looking for reliable appliance repair services around the Nashville area, look no further than Robs Appliance Plus. We are here for you. With our team of highly skilled technicians and over 12 years of experience in the industry, we are here to provide our customers with expert assistance for all their appliance repair needs. With our full one year warranty on diagnostics, labor, and most parts plus our 95% first call complete record, you will be amazed there is at least one company out there that treats you as well as you should be.
If you have any questions or want to know more information, please contact us at (615) 766-4485.
If you need to talk to someone about a more complex issue, let us know and we will have the owner Rob call you back between appointments.